Resources & Assistance
- Financial Assistance for Lakeville Residents: Lakeville residents age 62+ are eligible for $30 of financial assistance up to $30 per year. Lakeville residents age 62+ - fill out Financial Assistance for 62+ form (PDF) and return it to the Heritage Center with your membership application or activity request. Funds are available for ages 50-61 if they meet the income requirement - please fill out Financial Assistance for 50-62 form (PDF). The funds are available through Dakota County CDBG funding. Requests may be made no more than 30 days in advance of a membership or pass renewal date. If you have questions, call 952-985-4620.
- Tax assistance provided by AARP: AARP offers assistance with tax preparation. Visit AARP's website for more information on tax preparation assistance or call 1-800-227-7669.
- Technology Assistance -CyberSeniors.org is an organization whose mission is to bridge the digital divide and connect generations through technology by having teens help senior citizens with technology.
- Health insurance information: Health Care Choices for Minnesotans on Medicare informational booklet gives you important information on Medicare
- Health insurance counselling: Offered once per month at the Lakeville Heritage Center. Counselors provided by Trellis. Call 1-800-333-2433 for an appointment time.
- Senior housing information: Contact the Dakota County CDA at 651-423-4800 or Common Bond at 952-469-1414
- Visit Metropolitan Council Transit Link's website or call 651-602-5465.
- Lakeville LOOP Circulator Bus - Thursday in Lakeville - The LOOP bus provides accessibility from senior housing locations to Lakeville amenities like retail, groceries and the Heritage Center at a reasonable cost. For those living at Crossroads Commons, Main Street Manor, Fairfield Terrace, Winsor Plaza and Argonne Hills: due to continued concern over COVID-19, seating restrictions apply, based on CDC guidelines. Reservations are recommended, as individuals without reservations may be asked to wait for a later LOOP. Riders are required to wear face masks. Call DARTS at 651-455-1560 for more information or to schedule a ride. Dispatchers are available from 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. This service is available on Thursdays in Lakeville.
This service is provided through a partnership between the City of Lakeville and DARTS.
- Visit Metro Mobility's website or call 651-602-1111.
- Personalized rides: Visit DARTS Transportation's website or call 651-234-2290.
- GAPP Transportation is for disabled individuals or those that have no other means of transportation. Visit GAPP's website for transportation information or call them at 952-953-9299.
- Roundabout information: Check out this great Minnesota Department of Transportation video on navigating roundabouts.
- Meals on Wheels: Sponsored by CAP Dining - 612-669-2913.
- 360 Communities Food Shelf: Located at Messiah Lutheran Church, 16725 Highview Avenue, Call 952-431-5959 ext. 311. There are other locations in Burnsville, Farmington, and Rosemount. 360 Communities.
- NAPS – Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors: Food and nutrition program that is designed to provide healthy food for eligible seniors each month at no cost. Call 651-484-8241 (toll-free at 1-800-365-0270) or email email@example.com for more information. Second Harvest
- Free day-old bread: Monday through Friday at 10:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at the Heritage Center for Lakeville Area Active Adults members.
- Senior dining: Served at Winsor Plaza, 20827 Howland Avenue West, Lakeville, 612-669-2913.
- Resource Assistance - If you would like help in identifying resources available, DARTS is providing resource assistance. Call DARTS to set up an appointment by calling 651-455-1560. Types of assistance include navigating health care, home delivered meals, home chore services, mental health services and social opportunities.
- Chore Services - Ages 62 and up can quality based on income for free or reduced chore services through a partnership between City of Lakeville and DARTS. For more information contact DARTS at 651-455-1560.
- Urgent handyman service: HEART (Hosanna Emergency Action Response Team) is a group of men and women who volunteer to provide Handyman services for those who have an immediate need and cannot afford to hire someone. Supplies may need to be provided by the homeowner. Call 612-656-9522 to discuss your request.
- Notary Public: Available at Lakeville City Hall, 20195 Holyoke Avenue.
- Senior Citizen Property Tax Deferral Program: Persons age 65 and older with household incomes less than $60,000. Call the Minnesota Department of Revenue at 651-556-6088 for guidelines.
- Senior LinkAge Line®: Minnesota Board on Aging's free statewide information and assistance service. The Senior LinkAge Line® service is provided by six Area Agencies on Aging that cover all 87 counties of Minnesota and helps connect you to local services. Call 1-800-333-2433 for more information.
- Exercised to do at home - led by Michelle of Heritage Center
- 4 Exercises Older Adults Should Do Daily
- Walk at Home with Leslie Sansone (You Tube)
- Chair Yoga with Adrienne
- 4 Foot Exercises for Older Adults
- Priority One Chair Based Fitness S1
- Priority One Chair Based Fitness S7
Fun & Games