Learn to Skate USA
Spring session registration will open on March 1, 2022 at 7 a.m. Classes begin Sunday, April 3 and Tuesday, April 5, 2022.
- Make sure your skater (not the parent) has an active membership to LTS USA or renew it if necessary. The cost of LTS USA membership is $17.25 per skater per year. Membership can be checked/renewed at learntoskateusa.com. If you are unsure of your member number, LTS USA status or class level, let us know.
- Go to our new Lakeville Arenas registration site.
- You will need to set up a user profile for your family, including LTS skaters. You must add both a home and mobile phone number. It can be the same number but you must enter it twice. Also, the emergency contact phone number must be different from the primary contact’s phone number.
- Go to "Register" to find LTS classes. For location, select "All Locations" - Saturdays are at Hasse Arena and Monday nights are at Ames Arena.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Learn To Skate USA is designed to provide a fun and positive experience that will instill a lifelong love of skating. Stemming from the rebrand of the Basic Skills Program, Learn to Skate USA offers an abundance of enhancements tailored toward improving the experience for parents and skaters. Learn to Skate USA is the only ice skating program endorsed by U.S. Figure Skating, USA Hockey, US Speedskating and the Special Olympics.
We strongly recommend that children in Snowplow Sam and P.A.L.S. classes wear a helmet (bike helmets work well), gloves and snow pants. All participants are required to wear gloves or mittens. Participants can provide their own skates or rental skates are available $3. No double blades. Lakeville Arenas also offers skate sharpening for $4 per pair of skates. Rental skates are best for first-time skaters. Hockey skates are not recommended.
- Fall: October - December
- Winter: January - March
- Spring: March - May
- Summer: June - August
Lakeville Hasse Arena Rink Number 3
8525 215th Street
Lakeville, MN 55044
Lakeville Ames Arena
19900 Ipava Avenue
Lakeville, MN 55044
Which Class Should My Skater Register for?
If your child is 3-5 years old and has never skated before, register for the Snowplow Sam class. If you are unsure about which class to register for, send an email or call 952-985-2183.
- Snowplow Sam 1-4: (3-5 years old) Designed to develop preliminary coordination and strength necessary to move on skates. Snowplow Sam 1 is for new skaters, not skating independently. Snowplow Sam 2-4 skaters MUST be able to stand, march and glide independently.
- P.A.L.S. (Parent and Little Skater): (3-5 years old) Follows the Snowplow Sam curriculum for little skaters, parents will learn how to help teach little skater's skating skills The parent/guardian must be at least 16 years old. Cost is $126 per skater and parent.
- Private Lessons: (6 years old and up) Hockey, figure or recreational skating. Fifteen minute private lesson with a 30 minute practice. For skaters of all levels including adults. Cost is $126 per skater.
- Hockey: Fundamentals of hockey skating, skaters will learn to move faster and be more agile on the ice. All elements will be taught without a stick or puck.
- Hockey Prep 1-4: (3-5 years old) Designed to develop preliminary coordination and strength necessary to move on skates. Hockey Prep 1 is for new skaters, not skating independently. Hockey Prep 2-4 skaters MUST be able to stand, march and glide independently.
- Hockey 1-2: (6 years old and up) Will work on control, backward skating and stopping.
- Hockey 3-4: (6 years old and up) Designed for those skaters that have passed Hockey 2. Will work on control, edges, crossovers and stopping.
- Basic Skills: These six levels of the program introduce the fundamental skating moves forward skating, backward skating, stops, crossovers and turns.
- Basic 1: (6 years old and up) Designed for skaters with little or no skating experience. Will work on forward/backward skating and stopping.
- Basic 2-3: (6 years old and up) Designed for those skaters that have passed Basic 1 or Snowplow Sam 4. Will work on backwards, turning and introduction to spins.
- Basic 4-6: (6 years old and up) Designed for those skaters that have passed Basic 3. Will work on edges, crossovers and stroking.
- Figure Skating - Pre-Free Skate & Free Skate: Designed for those figure skaters that have passed Basic 6. Will work on footwork, spins and jumps.