"Stay at Home" Resources and Information
- Exercised to do at home - led by Michelle of Heritage Center
- 4 Exercises Older Adults Should Do Daily
- Exercise at Home National Institute on Aging
- Walk at Home with Leslie Sansone (You Tube)
- Chair Yoga with Adrienne
- Yoga & Other workouts
- YMCA Yoga, Active Adults and much more
- 4 Foot Exercises for Older Adults
- Priority One Chair Based Fitness S1
- Priority One Chair Based Fitness S7
Fun & Games
- Ted Talks
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Crossword Puzzles
- Printable Puzzles & Mazes
- Draw Everyday with JJK
- Magic Tricks
- Online Games for Seniors
- Contagious Happiness
- Puzzles & Games
Meals on Wheels: If you live in Lakeville, contact 612-669-2913. $5 donation per meal is requested. Non-Lakeville residents call 952-402-9855. This is a CAP – Community Action Partnership program. Meals on Wheels
360 Communities Food Shelf: Located at Messiah Lutheran Church, 16725 Highview Avenue, Lakeville. Hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12 – 6 pm by appointment only. Call 952-431-5959 ext. 311. Messiah location is temporarily closed through mid January, 2021. There are open locations in Burnsville, Farmington, and Rosemount. 360 Communities
NAPS – Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors: Food and nutrition program that is designed to provide healthy food for eligible seniors each month at no cost. Call 651-484-8241 (toll-free at 1-800-365-0270) or email email@example.com for more information. Second Harvest
Grocery Services – online ordering
Store special hours for seniors and vulnerable
- Target: Tue. 7-8 a.m.
- Cub: Early mornings recommended (Heritage Cub is open 24 hrs.)
- Aldi: Tue. & Thurs. 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Walmart: Tue. 6-7 a.m.
- Lunds & Byerlys: 7-8 a.m. everyday
- Costco: Mon. thru Fri. 9-10 a.m.
Pharmacy Assistance in Lakeville
- Hy-Vee Free, when driver is available, 952-423-9342
- Walgreen’s Kenwood FedEx mail delivery, 952-892-5959
- Walgreen’s Cedar/160th FedEx mail delivery, 952-891-1167
- Cub Foods Kenwood Mail delivery if you are sick, 952-435-0542
- Cub Foods Heritage Mail delivery if you are sick, 952-469-8404
- Cub Foods 179th Mail delivery if you are sick, 952-891-5050
- CVS (in Target) Free mail delivery , 952-892-5454
- CVS Kenwood Will mail, 952-435-3784
- CVS Dodd Will mail, 952-432-8770
- Walmart FedEx mail delivery (2 days), 612-354-5934
“Dear Friend” Pen Pals Program
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented many challenges, including significant isolation for some of the elders in our community. You can help to ease their loneliness through the Dakota County Heritage Library’s new “Dear Friend” program. If you would like to start up a pen pal relationship with an isolated senior, please stop at the Dakota County Heritage Library to pick up a kit. You’ll take the kit home and return your letter to the library. The librarians will address and mail the envelope for you. If you are isolated and interested in receiving letters, call 952-985-4620 to sign up. Once you receive the first letter, you will have the option to answer the letter you receive and the library will facilitate any ongoing correspondence. The “Dear Friend” program is a collaboration between the Friends of the Heritage Library, the Lakeville Area Active Adults and senior living facilities in Lakeville. For more information, contact the Dakota County Heritage Library at 952-985-0370.
Zoom: Zoom is a computer, tablet or cell phone application that allows you to video conference with others. The basic version is free. It’s a great way to interact with people face to face.
Dakota County is now providing Books by Mail service which is available for residents who are unable to visit the library and use the Curbside Pick-up due to illness, disability or at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.